Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Introducing...Quick Tip Tuesday!


My House
I love my home, but it's small. It's not "tiny house small" but it's a modest 3 bedroom home without a ton of closets, cabinets or storage space. Rumor has it, that mysterious square in our bedroom closet ceiling is the "doorway" to some attic crawl space, but I'm not willing to investigate.

A "Tiny House"
This forces us {me} to come up with creative ways to store items. Ugh, right? I know, I don't love organizing, but I love organization. Storage items can be pricey too, but they don't have to be. Repurposing an item is so gratifying and fun! I've come up with a ton of ways to hide and store household items so I figured it might be helpful to share these tips. When your home {or office} is organized, all is well in the world.

I created Quick Tip Tuesday so I can be sure and post new tips frequently. Every Tuesday, I'll share a new tip that I think
you will find useful.

Thank you for checking it out!

                     {Repurposing Magazine Holders}

Use a pretty magazine holder to display items.
Here, my daughter uses one to store her
hair-styling supplies.


Use a plastic magazine holder to organize your
fridge/freezer.
Don't use cardboard ones because they won't
holdup to the humidity in the refrigerator.

Foils and plastic wraps fit nicely and don't get
lost in the cabinet.

                                                                                                       
Store lids in your tupperware cabinet neatly.
You can stack two or three beside each other.



There are too many ideas to list them all. Just fill them up and store on a bookshelf, turned around with the tall edge showing to keep your goodies hidden. I've also used them for saved receipts, bars of soap, extra bottles of shampoo, candles, batteries, reusable bags and manuals that come with electronics purchases. If you're a little OCD, buy fancy magazine holders, otherwise, shop the clearance section to find $1-2 holders. Most often, they'll be under your cabinets anyway!



You Can Do It!




























No comments:

Post a Comment