Saturday, March 26, 2016

Growing Pains

Several months ago, I started this blog with an idea in mind. I wanted a place to be creative and share some ideas. Clearly, I had no idea what I was doing and decided to just dive in...yikes! I wasn't thrilled with the look of my page but wanted to get it up and running. Finally, I've decided to give it a makeover! 

Over the past 5 months I've had a lot of fun figuring this whole thing out. I have enjoyed hearing feedback from friends and coming up with new ideas to blog about. One of my favorite features of Blogger is that I'm able to track my audience and see who is reading my posts {not specifically who, but in general where they come from}.  I've reached 10 countries with over 1,300 views! I'd love to grow my audience so please feel free to share, share, share. 

I'm in the process of figuring out how to add Instagram and Twitter gadgets so it can be shared more easily. You can even enter your email address in the window at the top right and you'll receive a message each time a new post is shared! Lastly, I plan to create a Jane Of All Trades Face Book page so that my friends who are not interested in seeing my frequent post will not be inundated with them.

I'd love to hear your comments below. Let me know where I've been successful and where I've failed. Are the fonts and colors easy to read? Is it easy to access previous posts? How does it look on your phone vs. on a computer? 

Thank you for bearing with me while I work through these growing pains. One of these days, I will figure out how to share a post to FB with the correct photo appearing with the post. Until then, who knows what will show up where, and isn't that half the fun?








No comments:

Post a Comment