Monday, June 13, 2016

See Jane Bake {Banana Bread}

If you like to bake, chances are you've tried your hand at making banana bread at least once. Growing up in my house, the red and white checkered Better Homes and Gardens loose-leaf cookbook was considered food gospel. I'm pretty sure all of our meals were either TV dinners or products of this culinary scripture. We had no internet with recipe sites or Food Network programs teaching us creative ways to prepare foods. Banana bread recipes consisted of the basic ingredients of a sweet bread plus mashed, over-ripe bananas.

Recently, we attended my daughters first regatta. Each family is responsible for bringing food to share in the crew food tent. This is the most genius idea. It's like tailgating breakfast, lunch and dinner {sans the keg}. It was here that I discovered the most delicious banana bread.

After tracking down the responsible party, I was pleased to discover the recipe came from one of my favorite websites. I'm sharing so you can make your own. It's called Janet's Rich Banana Bread. Whoever Janet is, she's a revolutionary, slicing the bananas instead of mashing and adding sour cream to the mix. Simply divine. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17066/janets-rich-banana-bread/


This is my finished product. You can see the thick slices of warm gooey banana through the glass pan and the sour cream makes it super moist!




Try this recipe and let me know how it turns out. I'm planning on making Janet's Rich Banana Bread again and perhaps adding crushed pineapple and toasted coconut!

You Can Do It!





No comments:

Post a Comment