Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Spoonful Of Sugar...

One of my favorite movies of all times is Mary Poppins. Her can-do attitude, strong will and ability to solve any problem with show tunes and a spoonful of sugar makes her my role model. So when I got the news that a young family friend was having an emergency appendectomy, I thought, she needs a spoonful of sugar to help that medicine go down. 

I don't like to send flowers, they're so expensive and only last a week. Instead I prefer to put together a personalized gift and include something sweet so I set off to the local bakery and Home Goods for provisions. Admittedly, I have a sweet tooth and I get a little sugar rush just walking through the bakery doors, practically breaking into song in true Mary Poppins form. I was thrilled to discover they offered 4 flavors of mini whoopee pies! I grabbed a box with 3 of each flavor and headed out for more supplies.

Donning a bakery box of yummy goodness, I made a bee-line for the stationary section at Home Goods and selected a fun storage container making sure the whoopee pie box would fit inside. 

Once I found one that was pretty and matched our little friend's personality, I searched for some treasures to place inside.  Note cards come in handy, there's a lot of downtime after surgery and thank you's to write {for all those flowers people send}.  I think Tweens like journals and I love this sassy little white leather number. A pretty pen just finishes it off.





Placing a sheet of pink tissue paper over all the goodies, keeps the suspense a little longer once she opens it. 



On goes the lid and a simple bow tied from a length of tulle.






So, the next time someone special in your life needs a little pick-me-up, think outside of the boring cardboard box. Pick up a pretty one and fill it with treasures that lets them know you made it special for them. And of course, include something sweet!


You Can Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment