Thursday, May 5, 2016

April Showers Bring May Flowers...On My Gym Pants

With the arrival of Spring, and Summer on the horizon, it seems as though everyone is flocking to the gym again in anticipation of bathing suit season. It's the first influx since the New Year's Day rush. All resolutions have long been forgotten and their plan for a fresh start for the new year has been foiled by February Vacations spent at Disney eating their way through the World Showcase, being cooped up in the house due to early Spring Nor'easters or binging at Easter dinners. Finally, they come to the conclusion, they must get back to the gym. Meanwhile, we regulars are trying to stay motivated.

Everyone has good intentions of living a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes it's just too damn hard planning healthy {edible} meals and getting to the gym. Especially when it's -10 degrees outside! As a stay-at-home Mom, my husband and I joke about my going to the gym every day as one of my many jobs.  If I miss a day, he asks if I called in sick. Yes, it's foolish but it helps me to think of it as my responsibility to be there every day. And isn't it my responsibility to be healthy and set a good example for the young women I'm raising? 

There are three things that get me to the gym:

1. Guilt.
2. A kick-ass group of women who encourage and empower me.
3. Floral workout pants.

Generally, I select my workout wear in various shades of black. After all, black is more slimming, right? I like to blend in at the gym hoping my neutrality will mask the fact that I'm incredibly clumsy and self-conscious. Recently though, I stepped outside my comfort zone and bought a pair of floral lycra pants.  I found myself visiting them on the regular at Kohl's and finally bit the bullet and bought them. On Monday, I showed up like usual for cardio kickboxing donning my new duds. Somehow, instead of feeling clumsier or more self-conscious, I had a little hop in my step. The numerous compliments may have helped a little but whatever the reason, I enjoyed wearing my new snazzy pants. I even let my friend take a picture of me!



You Can Do It!




No comments:

Post a Comment