Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Rainbow Of Fruit Flavors...{Quick Tip Tuesday!}

This is a super simple tip that will make your finished product spot-on. 

For some reason, people {myself included} are so impressed with a hollowed out watermelon full of fruit. Perhaps it's all the pretty colorful fruit or because watermelons are indicative of hot summer days and good times. Whatever the reason, when I'm asked to bring fruit to an outing I like to start with a watermelon. Since its early in the season, the selection was limited and I could only find half and quarter melons. 

Previously, I blogged about a watermelon baby bassinet I made for a baby shower. {Booties and Blankies and Binkies, Oh My!} For this occassion, I decided to do rows of fruits lined up inside the watermelon "bowl". 

                                 


This is where my OCD takes over and I have no choice but to place them in rainbow order. I am a product of the 80's after all, surrounded by Rainbow Brite dolls and My Pretty  Ponies, Care Bares and Strawberry Shortcake...all manufactured in perfect rainbow order {and scents?}

This was incredibly simple. I hollowed out the melon with a melon baller, sliced cantaloupe and used a small cookie cutter to make stars, cubed honey dew and cut wedges of pineapple. 

                         
                         Different shapes makes it more fun! 

Then I placed 4 small side plates in the "bowl" and added the fruit in between them. Once all sections were full, I slid the plates out and voilà! A rainbow of fruit flavors. I finished it off with a few pieces of greenery saved from the pineapple top for a little pizzaz.






You Can Do It!


2 comments: