Monday, July 11, 2016

Pop Secret!

                                         
 

I love to create treats that look like something they're not, especially sweets that look like savory snacks. So when I saw this idea on Pinterest, naturally I had to try it. This is my rendition of  Popcorn Cupcakes, or as I like to call them, Pop Secret!

It's quite simple, actually. These are confetti cake cupcakes baked in red polka-dot cups and frosted white. The popcorn topping is mini marshmallows and yellow food color spray. {I used Wilton's color mist}

Using a pair of kitchen scissors, snip part way through the marshmallows one or two times which creates the kernel shape. {try to make each one a little different so they look random} Cover the tops of the cupcakes with prepared marshmallows and lightly spray with the color mist. That's IT!

I knew these would be a huge hit with my daughter's 5th grade class. Her teacher has a great sense of humor. On April Fool's Day, she brought in what she told them was grilled cheese sandwiches for them to share. Turns out, they were made with pound cake and orange frosting. So clever!

So, if you try your hand at these Pop Secrets, let me know how they turn out and share any ideas or tweaks to the recipe. If you want to make them just like mine, here's what you'll need:

The Bare Necessities:
Your choice of prepared cupcakes 
Red and White Paper Cupcake Wrappers
White Frosting
1 pkg. Mini Marshmallows
1 can Food Color Spray, Yellow
Kitchen Scissors








               You Can Do It!

                                             




















No comments:

Post a Comment